Between Medicare, Medicaid, privately insured, and uninsured patients readmissions cost hospitals more than $40 billion each year. With new healthcare rules in place, most U.S. hospitals may receive less money from Medicare going forward because too many patients are readmitted within 30 days of discharge.
As much as 3% of Medicare payments may be docked from U.S. hospitals each year as a result of poor readmissions rates. The Cloud 9 Healthcare system is able to alleviate the burden of readmissions costs and fines through efficient use of qualified resources to easily and inexpensively enhance your current discharge and follow-up process.
Cloud 9 Healthcare helps reduce readmissions costs by:
- Proactively identifying problems before they lead to readmission
- Using your professional staff’s time more effectively
- Implementing an easy-to-use system that improves patient satisfaction
- Reinforcing discharge instructions and ensuring highest quality follow-up care
- Reducing number of readmissions, especially from most at-risk patients